Christmas is coming (we can’t stop it) but we can show you some simple ways to stretch your holiday budget!
Canadians spend anywhere from $400-$1000 on gifts for Christmas each year not including food and booze! If you want to know those numbers you can check them out here!
- Gift Your Time Instead of giving someone an expensive gift, give them the most valuable gift of all, your time! Offer to babysit a friend’s kids for date night, offer to help do some yard clean up, or make a coupon for a sexy back rub to your spouse. Make the gift certificate with a deadline so they actually use it!
- Draw Names Stop buying for everyone. No offence but it is stupid and super expensive! Offer to draw names for your family and decide on a dollar amount per gift. This is a great easy way to lower down your holiday shopping stress!
- Check Your Bank Balance Daily. This might seem strange but by checking your bank balance you’ll be aware of your budget and less likely to overspend on silly things!
- Rank Requests. When it comes to close family and kids, ask them to make you a list and rank them in order of most important to least important. Give them a price range and have them look up the prices. This can be an especially great lesson for kids to learn the value of items.
- Funny Regifts. I have a group of friends that instead of spending money now they do a Secret Santa with ridiculous gifts. The rules are it has to be used, something from your house or someone you know and it has to be free! No spending money. I’m not going to lie some of the things that have been passed on have been hilarious and now an ongoing joke for years to come!
These are only a few ways you can stretch your Christmas Budget, for more tips and tricks follow me on Facebook or Instagram. You can also check out 4 Super Easy and Cheap Christmas Gift Ideas! or How To Budget for Christmas With Only 6 Weeks to Go!